Bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency and it has gained a lot of interest as an online buying and selling currency. Bitcoin is now accepted widely and can buy literally anything. Several sites have now added bitcoin to their list of acceptable payment methods, meaning you can deposit with Bitcoin or exchange it with another cryptocurrency or fiat money.
What is Neteller?
Neteller is a web-based/online payment system that provides users with an opportunity to buy goods and get services using funds deposited in an account.
The company also offers users with the option to withdraw money to a local bank account or to a preferred bank card.
Neteller was launched in 1999 in Canada and later moved to the Isle of Man in 2004. The payment system is run by PaySafe Group and provides services in more than 160 countries around the world.
Neteller services are also available in over 15 different languages.
How does Neteller work?
- Joining Neteller is free and does not charge any monthly fee for account maintenance. All you need to do is register for an account and complete the registration process.
- Neteller provides services for both verified and unverified accounts. To verify an account you need to provide ID documents.
- Users with unverified accounts have deposit limits that range between $500 and $2000 depending on their location. Verified account holders have higher limits.
- With Neteller, you can deposit money into your account from anywhere in the world. Deposit methods include bank cards like Visa/ MasterCard, through bank transfers, SOFORT, Skrill, Epay, and Bitcoin.
- Neteller charges a deposit fee of between 1% and 10% depending on the method used to deposit.
- An additional 3.99% fee is levied when a user purchases goods and/or services that are available in a currency other than the one the user account indicates.
What about the Neteller Prepaid Card?
The Neteller Prepaid card (Net+Prepaid) is issued by MasterCard and offers verified account holders and residents of SEPA zone countries an opportunity to use Neteller at ATMs, online and at in-stores.
The Net+Prepaid has the following charges:
- Card application fee- $10
- ATM withdrawal fee- 1.75%
- In-store payments- free
- ATM limits – $1,000 @day
- Wallet limits- $10,000 @month
Buy BTC with Neteller
Neteller (as a payment method of buying Bitcoin) is an online e-wallet that allows you to buy bitcoin on a number of exchanges around the world. Neteller is popular with bitcoin enthusiasts who find it easier to buy bitcoins online.
How to buy bitcoin with Neteller?
Buying bitcoin with Neteller is simple and fast once you have an account with Neteller. Their user interface is great and easy to use. Here is what you need to do to buy bitcoin with Neteller.
– Go to NETELLER, Sign up and get an account.
– You will receive a code that will be your ID.
– Login and navigate to “Money In” option and follow prompts to deposit funds to the Neteller account you registered.
– Fill out all the payment details as required (Be keen with every detail).
– Confirm details and funds will be deposited into your Neteller account.
To facilitate Neteller to bitcoin, go to a Bitcoin Exchange website that allows you to buy bitcoin with Neteller (examples of such websites are Coincorner, Bitpanda, LocalBitcoins).
– Create an account at any of these websites and where need be, go ahead to verify that account.
– Fill the Payment Details section.
– Sign in to bitcoin exchange website that allows use of Neteller as buying method.
– Buy Bitcoin and CHOOSE Neteller as Payment method.
– Enter amount of bitcoin to buy and confirm transaction.
– Complete purchase.
Pros and cons of buying BTC with Neteller
– Free registration and no monthly ledger fee.
– Easy to use.
– Free deposit with bitcoin.
– Low limits with unverified accounts.
– Negative reviews of locked accounts.
Sites and Exchanges that accept Neteller
Neteller is a payment method that is quickly becoming popular with many Bitcoin websites. Most of these websites have other payment methods that can complement the use of Neteller. Below are three of the most popular websites for Bitcoin lovers, and which accept Neteller.
Coincorner is a UK company that provides buy Bitcoin with Neteller along with other payment methods. Coincorner offers its services worldwide.
- Accepted fiat payments: EUR and GBP.
- Ease of use: the site is easy to use even for beginners.
- Security: Coincorner is a secure site that is regulated by UK authorities.
- Deposit Transaction fees are pegged at 5%.
- Handling speed: buying bitcoin with Neteller is instant.
- No verification for purchases up to $150, but you will need to provide ID proof for higher limits.
Localbitcoins is a popular P2P Bitcoin exchange platform. It provides a platform for you to meet sellers and buyers of bitcoin for transactions. It is available worldwide.
- Neteller payment is acceptable in EUR and USD.
- Ease of use: Localbitcoins is a user-friendly site.
- Handling speed: Fast and requires no verification (unless seller/buyer asks for it).
- Transaction fee: 1%.
- Security: The site is secure as it doesn’t hold any bitcoins. You should, however, assess the person you are trading with.
Bitpanda is a Europe based exchange platform that comes from Austria. It offers services for traders in SEPA countries. The site offers both verified and unverified account transactions. Buying with Neteller is allowed but transaction fee is not publicly displayed.
- Transactions/payments: Neteller accepted in EUR only.
- Fees: Not displayed.
- Handling speed: Bitcoin transactions are instant.
- Limits: for unverified accounts- up to €50 daily.
- For verified accounts- €100000 daily and €300000 monthly.
These are some of the exchange websites that let people buy bitcoin with Neteller. For more ways on how to buy Bitcoins easily, check our Bitcoin guide page.
Keep your coins safe
A bitcoin wallet is a software program or device with such a program that allows a user to store, receive or send Bitcoins. It is also called a bitcoin client.
Keeping your BTC safe once you purchase them online is critical. The advice is that you should always move the Bitcoins to an offline wallet immediately you are done.
This is how a bitcoin wallet works
There are different types of wallets with different capabilities. However, they all have one thing in common – they hold your private and public keys. The keys help you access your bitcoins that are stored on the bitcoin blockchain.
Deposit to Neteller using Bitcoin
Making deposits to Neteller using Bitcoin is simple and quick. The user interface makes it really easy to use. It only takes a few minutes to complete the process.
- Processing fee for Bitcoin deposits is 0% (free deposit).
- Here is how deposit bitcoin to Neteller works.
- Open an account with Neteller- the process is straightforward and free.
- Once you are logged in, go to DEPOSIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Select Bitcoin as deposit option- you do so by clicking on the Bitcoin icon shown among accepted methods.
- Enter the amount to deposit, CONTINUE and CONFIRM- a pop up window will ask you to confirm. Please do.
- Get the Bitcoin amount to transfer and the address – the Neteller system will give you the exact amount to transfer and an address to which to send the Bitcoins (you also get a QR code just in case you wish to scan it).
- Proceed to send and then CONFIRM payment – send bitcoin from your wallet to the address provided b y Neteller. Select “Send Payment” and then confirm to complete the transaction.
- You will receive a notification that the transaction has been completed successfully.
- Check your Neteller account to ascertain transaction- go to your account and check payment history under Bitcoin as the transaction type. Ensure the funds reflect in your account.
- The last step is to access your cash and transact. – You can go ahead and buy online with Neteller as your payment method.
Pros and cons of Bitcoin deposit to Neteller
– Fast and easy deposit.
– Free deposits with Bitcoin.
– Accessible in many countries.
– Many payment options available.
– Not accessible to US users.
– Poor support team.
Buying Bitcoins has become easy with so many online payment options beginning to accept it as a serious currency. As an investor and general user of Bitcoin, it is always practical to know how the market is before you go on to buy bitcoin.
Neteller is one of the many ways to get Bitcoin, but be sure to check our website for more articles and informative guides on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.