I didn’t know that AdSense had implemented this “achievements” system, but I am really happy they did as this gives some soul to the program. Plus, it tells you about your achievements within AdSense, so you can easily track your progress and see how far you’ve come since you’ve started.
In my case, the first achievement unlocked since Google introduced this system into the platform is that I’ve been for 6 years now with AdSense. Wow, I can’t even believe that it’s been 6 years since I have decided to quit my job and switch to full time blogging. Here’s my achievement, and I really hope that I will be able to carry on for as long as possible with it:
It’s been a great time with AdSense, which I still consider one of the best choices for monetizing blogs out there, if not THE best choice. I started pretty slowly with them, as most of you probably have and I only managed to generate $300 in my first 6 months as a professional blogger. Things kept growing, fortunately, and eventually I managed to hit that impressive landmark and make my first $10,000 in a month with AdSense. A great story that started with me making my first $100 in AdSense.
And since it was an achievement unlocked, I decided to take a short break from income reports and tips and tricks and share with you some stats regarding my blogging activity in these past 6 years and, of course, AdSense:
- I have monetized over 40 million pages with AdSense
- During the first month in the program, I made $0.74. My first click was pretty impressive back in 2008: over 40 cents, yay!
- During these 6 years, I only managed to get more than 1,000,000 page views 7 times. Never got to 5 Million (yet)
- I have launched and monetized 35 website with AdSense during these 6 years. I have probably launched three times more sites, though, during this time, but they never received enough visitors for me to even place the ad codes on them.
- The most I’ve made in ode day in AdSense is $953
- So far in 2014, I’ve made 3 times less money than I did for the same period of time last year. So it’s not a ladder that you keep climbing, unfortunately.
However, during these 6 years as a blogger, I have learned a lot. I am working as my own boss and finding the motivation to do so every day is really difficult with so many distractions around. But it’s the only way to do it if you want to succeed. And even if you have a bad year – like 2014 has been so far for me in terms of earnings from my blogs, you still have to keep fighting. You look at the big guys who make 5 digit numbers on a monthly basis and you find your power to keep doing so. One day, it will be us standing there at the top and making a ton of money!